Not able to find bios update for Veriton M4660G

Options
devilR
devilR Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello

I have a acer Veriton M4660G desktop. I am trying to install zotac gtx 1050 Ti graphic card in my desktop. However after installing the GPU, both the GPU and motherboard stop sending signal to the monitor. When I remove the GPU, the motherboard display port starts sending signal to the monitor. Can anyone please help why the GPU ports and motherboard ports stop sending signal when i install the GPU in PCIe slot

Answers

• devilR
    Options

Some forums suggested upgrading the bios. However when I try to search for latest bios for M4660G on acer site version R01 are being shown. However my bios version is P21-A1E. Can anyone help me in finding the updated bios for my desktop.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

They shipped the M4660G models with either a Coffee Lake (8th gen) chipset or a Coffee Lake Refresh (9th gen) chipset. Yours has the CFL-R. The BIOS version reported by Windows doesn't always match the BIOS version reported by the BIOS itself, since Windows looks at the EFI version string. Boot into the BIOS and look at the Main tab:

The latest I see on the support site is R01-C1.

Having said that, the BIOS version is unlikely to fix your problem. The GPU card is being recognized or else the onboard video ports wouldn't be disabled (onboard is disabled automatically when a GPU card is detected). What size power supply do you have? Those models came with a couple of different sizes, IIRC. With a 1050 TI I wouldn't expect power to be an issue, but sometimes that's the root cause when a card doesn't get fully initialized. Are you sure the card is functional?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • devilR
    Options

The version shown on bios screen after pressing del button at startup is also P21-A1E. Is it possible that the vendor may have changed the bios?? How can I get the latest version of P21-A1E bios?

I have upgraded the power supply unit to a Corsair 550w unit. Both the GPU fans are rotating so I guess GPU is getting enough power. I have test the graphic card on another system and it is working fine.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

P21-A1E doesn't looks like an Acer BIOS number, but it's close. I would have expected it to be P21-A1 without the E. Maybe it's custom done for a specific vendor. Is the Product Name correct on that BIOS page?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.