Predator PO3-630 Headset mic detected, but does not actually input any sound

Options
Cheddarpaw
Cheddarpaw Member Posts: 3 New User
edited April 5 in Predator Desktops

Hi, I'm trying to use a headset mic, but the mic isn't working even though windows detects the mic being present (i.e. once I unplug the headset, windows doesn't detect the mic).

The headset/mic works fine when plugged into other devices like my phone or ps5 controller.

• The Realtek console shows the headset option for the front jack, and detects both the headphones and mic when plugged in
  • In System > Sound > Properties the mic shows up as the Realtek audio input and input volume can be adjusted
  • It's set to Allow app access (i.e. the button shows Don't Allow, but I've tried both toggles anyway)
  • In Privacy > Microphone access is on and enabled for all apps
  • In Device Manager the microphone is enabled, and I've also uninstalled/reinstalled the realtek drivers
  • In Control Panel the mic recording device is active with the green checkmark

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Answers

• Cheddarpaw
    Options

Screenshots of the control panel and Realtek console

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

In system; Sound what is showing here?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Cheddarpaw
    Options

It shows the Realtek Mic input. When I run the "start test", no matter how loud I talk into the mic, it only shows 1% results. Also when I use the audio recording, that app shows the Realtek mic as the source, but captures no sound.