Acer Predator Helios Neo 16 How do I fix my Wi-Fi icon disappearing and Wi-Fi not working?

Options
LeeArnold
LeeArnold Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 4 in Predator Laptops

I have an Acer Predator Helios Neo 16 (windows 11). Occasionally, the wifi icon will disappear and the wifi will no longer work, but after a while it will somehow reappear and start working again. It occurred again, and the wifi has stopped working since yesterday. I have important work I need to complete on my laptop that is due very soon, but because it is not working, I am unable to do anything.

Could someone please help me fix this issue?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited April 5
    Options

Your Predator Helios PH16-71 should be under the Acer 2-year warranty, so you should get Acer Tech Support to fix this WLAN problem for you, as its covered under warranty.

Just to further assist you, a WLAN fault could be from numerous sources like your main modem and its signal or the laptop Killer WLAN or a corrupt driver which all affect the internet signal. Try to first connect the PH16-71 to the internet through the laptops Ethernet (RJ-45) port with a Rj45 cable connected to the modem, so that you know that the modem is working and the laptop connects fully without any problems, if that is the case then the problem is with your Killer WLAN card (which have been problematic since Intel bought Killer cards out in 2021) so diagnose the problem systematically starting with the driver and reinstall the oem PH16-71 Wireless LAN driver and if that doesn't work then the card might be faulty so that needs to be replaced by Acer under warranty. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• miguelpablo
    miguelpablo Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 10
    Options

I'm experiencing the same problem. Please provide a fix on this. I tried uninstall and reinstalling the driver but the issue persist. My assumption is this could be an update problem.