Looking for a budget Gpu compatible with a Acer TC 1780, (500w PSU, info in description)

Options

As the title suggests i'm looking for a GPU of any brand that would work with the Tc 1780 (specs below), i'm still planning parts and am on a budget of around $100-$150 for the Gpu, i'm also been considering a 500w PSU if that raise the compatibility options (Go from this PSU if it's easier). Will appreciate any help as I have little clue about this stuff.

TC-1780:
Intel Core i5-13400 10 core
8GB RAM 3200mhz
512GB SSD

Also I found this picture of the MotherBoard:

Considered 500w PSU (Acer compatible 6 and 8 pin + GPU cable):https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004882922455.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.206738danjICKP&mp=1

Best Answer

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options

@JamesTheSecond2

You can check out the GTX1660TI

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • JamesTheSecond2
    JamesTheSecond2 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

@AnhEZ28
    Thank you for your rapid response, I'll have a look on eBay or smthin for the card.
    I do presume that this Gpu gets it's power from the slot on the MotherBoard, if not will I need a cable from the Psu?

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options

@JamesTheSecond2

The GTX1660Ti will need power cable from PSU.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It depends on which PSU your TC1780 desktop has, as this desktop came with a single phase 300W or a 400W and a 500W PSU fitted oem by Acer. The below are the oem fitted gpu's fitted by Acer to the TC1780 desktop, so use these models as they are suitable for the TC1780:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• JamesTheSecond2
    JamesTheSecond2 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

@StevenGen
    Yes the Psu is 500w with the Acer cables (6+2 pin(GPU Cable?), 6pin, 8pin).
    If this would raise any compatibility issues let me know.
    While I remember, would gpu's like the 1630's also work?
    Sorry if this is a lot.
    PS: (do these cards need a PSU connection or is that cable redundant).

• blutsband
    blutsband Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Nice post and please provide more information. Thanks for sharing.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options

The ARC A380 6GB gpu needs a 250W PSU, the GTX1650 4GB needs a 250W PSU and the GTX1660 SUPER 6gb needs a 450W PSU, so the above gpu's are listed for every PSU that the TC1780 comes with.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍