What might the issue be. My laptop fan has been making squealing noises for some time now.

Options
Mechta
Mechta Member Posts: 3 New User
edited April 3 in Predator Laptops

This laptops fan has been making squealing noises for some time now. At first not much was thought of it and it would come and go. At some point picking up the laptop and moving it around fixed the issue for a time. At this point though the sound is constant and much louder.

Issues began day's after initial use. It seems to be the right fan (from the perspective of someone using the laptop) exclusively which is having this issue. I am using a Helios Neo 16.

I do work on this laptop as well as just playing games as such I was wondering if this issue is something I need to be worried about or if I can just ignore it. Furthermore if it would be possible or advisable to fix it myself.
Attached is video with audio of the fan. (It is a bit quit in the recording, but it is there.)

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,011 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The fan symptom that you are experiencing with the cooling fan(s) making a noise, is because of the fans bearing are faulty its making the fan to touch its case and its out of balance inside its case. The fix is to change the fan with new fans that are available for most laptops on the web, seeing that you haven't told us what exact model number laptop you have we can't help you any further. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers