Acer Swift Go 14 battery discharging heavily even when completely shutdown & nothing plugged in

Options
jwent99
jwent99 Member Posts: 2 New User

Tonight, I turned my 10 month old Acer Swift Go 14 on after 5 days of not using it. Previously it was completely shutdown (Start/shutdown), powered off and it had nothing else plugged in to it, other than the power cord (power cord power point turned off and Acer Quick Access Power-off USB charging is disabled also). The laptop battery was fully charged at 100%, right before it was previously Start/shutdown.

Upon reboot and login tonight, after 5 days of non-use, the laptop battery was 61%???

Please assist/explain?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,880 Trailblazer
    edited April 2
    Options

Probably the system was not completely shut down but in hybrid mode (sleep and hibernate combined) also Wake on Lan and USB selective suspend may have kept fans, adapters and ports charged. Update Windows11 to 23H2 build 22631.3374, reset BIOS with F9 in BIOS and save changes, reboot to Windows and disable Hibernate and Fast Startup in "Change what closing the lid does" and in "Change settings currently not available". Reset the Power Plan to factory defaults and disable USB Selective Suspend. I recommend that you uninstall all bloatware, trial versions and 3rd party AV and browsers, use the vendor uninstallers as Windows uninstaller will not be able to complete remove everything and agents may continue monitoring on the background and interfering with BIOS and MS ACPI drivers. The 80% battery charge limiting program is an example of bloatware. Keep your USB-C charger plugged in 24/7 and use a 100-Watt charger with a fixed thick USB-C cord.

• jwent99
    jwent99 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Acer Swift Go 14 was already at Windows11 to 23H2 build 22631.3374.

BIOS reset. Fast start-up already diasbled. Disabled hibernate. Power plan was never changed. Have always used original charger that came with laptop. Acer technical support also had me reset the battery.

NB. This problem has only been a fairly recent (a month ago) occurrence. I keep my charger plugged in, however when the laptop is completely shutdown and not in use, I have never previously had the power to it on and that has not previously caused this type of problem.

Will shutdown laptop completely and leave charger on for 24 hours, before then turning charger off at power point and then checking again in a couple of days.

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,401 Pathfinder
    Options

Try to remove all USB devices like mouse, external keyboard when shutdown and next day. Check if your battery still discharged

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566