Bios options greyed out unable to change any of the settings Acer spin 1 sp111-32n p6c4 64 Gb emmc

Options
Soul12
Soul12 Member Posts: 4 New User

No bootable device. Shows No storage at all. bios is greyed out . Supervisor password is set and I enter it correctly. Iv searched extensively online and found nothing close to what I'm experiencing

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,877 Trailblazer
    Options

BIOS may be protected, boot to BIOS and try Ctrl+S if that changes anything or F9 to reset BIOS and save settings on exit. The No Bootable Device means the bootloader is corrupted and needs to be reinstalled. Best to bring your laptop to Acer Services in your country to reset the system to factory defaults for a small service fee.

• Soul12
    Options

F9 doesn't work. When do I press ctrl+s exactly. Is there a command or a key combo to reset it or specific hot keys for the model? I'm able to run isos from ventoy thumb drive like hiren but it shows theres no internal storage on laptop or operating system to partition or use any software or programs to attempt recovery or scan . And I accidentally entered a boot incorrect efi to boot order that's when the bios became greyed out

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,877 Trailblazer
    Options

If BIOS is corrupted, you should bring the laptop to Acer Services in your country to reprogram the ePROM.

• Soul12
    Options

I don't have a acer store near me or I would does anyone know if there's any special hot key functions or specific key board commands for the model.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

If nothing shows in the BIOS for storage on the Information screen (it should show model number and serial number of the eMMC drive) then likely the drive has failed. That model was at the low end of what was available and it doesn't have the option of putting a different drive in. Likely that means it's not going to be cost effective to repair. Repair on it requires that the old eMMC drive be removed from the motherboard and a new one soldered in it's place, then a new Windows license needs to be purchased and installed. That would all cost more than the laptop is worth, at seven years old.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Soul12
    Options

It's shows the model number and serial number of the emmc drive in bios

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

OK, if you have another system the next step is to use that to create a Windows install flash drive. With that, and potentially a change to the BIOS settings to enable the F12 boot menu, you can boot into installer and use the Repair option to get a command prompt. In the command prompt you can try to read the data on the drive. If you can bring up a directory of the system drive, and copy a couple of random files off it, then the next step is to use diskpart to look at the partitions and verify the EFI partition is good. You may need to rebuild that if it's corrupted.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.