How do I know if my charger pot is broken? Charger not working

Options
AnnMier
AnnMier Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 1 in Gadgets & Accessories

today that I tired to use my computer the charger was not working I blew on it just in case of there was any dust, yesterday it worked perfectly.

Now I don’t know whether to buy a new charger or fix the port because when I try to charge it, it was too hard

And an additional question. Can I charge my computer with a usb?

And does it look broken?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options

What computer do you have? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. It's hard to tell from the pictures just how deep the end of the center electrode is, so that makes it hard to tell if it's broken off. Usually when that breaks it also gets bent, and yours looks straight…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,680 Trailblazer
    Options

That DC port does not look good, I recommend bringing the laptop and the power adapter to Acer services in your country to replace the port and check the adapter, this is not an expensive repair job. If you have a Gen 10th or higher Intel CPU look at the USB-C port if see a Thunderbolt sign

If not, you cannot use a USB-C charger, AMD models have a USB4 port that may support power delivery but check the laptop specs. first.