Acer Aspire 3 - A3-311-31-C2WP Ram upgrade

Options
Dweenator
Dweenator Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm currently using this laptop(A3-311-31-C2WP) and have noticed that it bottlenecks a lot especially when opening more than 1 programs and this is a problem I would like to solve. I've done my research and know that I can upgrade the ram of this unit. But I would like to have a clarification from someone more knowledgeable and with credibility regarding this issue.

I've read somewhere that the maximum ram capacity of this unit is more than 10GB of ram. I would like to upgrade to an 8gb of ram from its original 2gb. I've went on to the crucial site to look for a compatible ram and it only showed me 4gb ones.

I'm from the Philippines so I also tried on Shopee(much like amazon) and the seller there asked for my specs so they can recommend me a compatible ram and they only gave me a 4gb one also. They have options of 4gb-8gb-12gb sodims, 2400mhz 2600mhz.

I don't know what's going on if I'm just unlucky on my searches but it seems like unofficially I can only upgrade up to 4gb of ram? Can someone verify this for me before I buy anything?

Thank you.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

I assume you mean an Aspire A311-31-C2WP, vintage 2018 model? Here's the spec on the system memory:

So, 8GB max is what they say. What is the base memory size on your system? I only see motherboards using 4GB onboard in the service guide, but you sound like you might have one with only 2GB onboard? They could easily have downsized some SKUs for specific markets, so a 2GB version would be possible. If that's the case with yours, officially you can upgrade to 6GB total and 10GB is unlikely to work.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,886 Trailblazer
    Options

The are some (nonstandard) Aspire3 models without any onboard memory and only one removable slot. Dual Channel would than not be possible and 4GB for the removable slot should work.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,090 Pathfinder
    Options

@Dweenator

Onboard memory cannot be removed

If there is only one slot , you can either use 2g ram or 4 gb ram.

I would like to provide some more additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too. 

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★