Predator Helios Neo 16 - BIOS Unlock Code

Options
kb24hrs
kb24hrs Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey all!

Two days ago, I got a BSOD due to some some software I installed

I tried to get into safe mode, but it seems my entire Windows 11 partition got corrupted, as a result none of the tricks and methods to get into Safe Mode worked (which is a whole other frustrating issue in itself)

So I decided to reinstall Windows 11, having prepared a Rufus USB beforehand

All I had to do was go into BIOS, set the system to boot from USB and I'm off to the races

To my surprise, upon hitting F2 to get to BIOS, I was presented with a password field - no matter, I figured. I just hit enter a couple of times and moved on, thinking the BIOS screen would show up

To my surprise, I was presented with another screen - the Enter Unlock Code screen (screenshot attached)

I read up on this on a few sites, and now I am none the wiser. I have been left more confused than before

Why has Acer made it so difficult to get into the BIOS?

More importantly, how or where can I get the Unlock Code to access my bios settings

I just want to get back to doing what I do - work!

This problem has had put me in a major pickle as this is my main work machine and I have deadlines to meet!

Not to mention the laptop isn't exactly cheap!

I would appreciate any help anyone could provide in sorting this out

Note:

I live in a South Asian country, and pretty sure Acer does NOT have an official representative office here, so I can't reach out to any Acer Service Center as it were

Answers