Predator Connect W6 smart home security breaks Matter connections

Options
revanmj
revanmj Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 30 in Gadgets & Accessories

I recently got Predator Connect W6 router. I enabled network attack and smart home security options on it. After a while I noticed that the latter one breaks Philips Hue Matter connection with Google Home app (lights in the app either straight up show up as disconnected or are stuck with their last status and do not respond to any commands). Disabling smart home security fixes this.

On that note, it would be nice to have some kind of a log with entries mentioning what those Trend Micro security features blocked, so it would be easier to analyze any potential issues like that.

Since I found no way to report this via other channels, I posted it here in hopes that you can get Trend Micro to update its definitions, so they don't break Matter connections.

Answers

• jzchen
    jzchen Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I just got the same router, but have it on Bridge mode. Are the Matter connections on a main SSID/have you tried creating an IoT specific SSID for them?

• revanmj
    revanmj Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 1
    Options

Matter connection was for Philips Hue, which bridge is connected via Ethernet.

I'm using Google Home app on my smartphone (connected to main 2,4 GHz or 5 GHz networks, depending on my needs).

It also was not per se "created" (I added Hue via Matter to Google Home while still using previous router few months ago).

But it was the only smart home thing that was not working properly on the Predator Connect W6. Smart plugs, air purifiers and smart vacuum didn't have any issue (though they do not support Matter and use their own apps and web API connections to Google Home).

Also, I'm using router mode.