Predator Helios Neo 16 i5 variant fan issue, making weird noises and vibrating

Options
X3N0N
X3N0N Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 29 in Predator Laptops

Hello, my laptop's fan were making weird noises and vibrating. I tried to stop it by trying to shutdown the system or maxing out the fan speed maybe that would help but neither of those options helped and instead the cpu fan gave up out of nowhere please help me with this issue

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,861 Trailblazer
    Options

Reset or reinstall PredatorSense in Windows Add and remove programs, change the Power Plan from Best Performance to Balanced and reboot. If you use Acer Quick Access set the User Mode to Silent.

• AFZALKHAN
    AFZALKHAN Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

Vibration means your cpu fan is not fitted properly .did you reinstall the predator sense ?

After reinstall did you notice the cpu fan rpm if still remains 0 then you should go to service center for tightening the cpu fan.

• X3N0N
    X3N0N Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

i didnt try doing aything to predator sense. Cpu fan was actually not spinning i checked it by looking into the back plate of laptop only gpu fan was working

• AFZALKHAN
    AFZALKHAN Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

Alright.There is an acer sticker behind the laptop; do not open it.The warranty is invalid if the sticker is torn off.So, kindly visit the service center. Depending on the availability of the spare, they will replace the fan with a new one, but it may take some time.Avoid using the laptop right now as the hx series processor will consume more power and heat up more quickly.The CPU's life will be harmed in the absence of the fan.

Enjoy your gaming!Enjoy your wonderful day!