Predator helios neo 16 Is my thunderbolt 4 type c connected to the GBU ?

Options
Sam92
Sam92 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 29 in Predator Laptops

Hello everyone.

my **laptop is the Predator helios neo 16**. GBU is 4070.

I'm new and know so little about devices. I'm asking whether or not my thunderbolt is connected to my 4070 GBU to know if it's possible to connect it to a VR headset.

The Vr headset i'm interested in is the Valve index which uses a DisplayPort which i don't believe i have. So i'm only left with the thunderbolt which to my knowledge can work only if its connected to the dedicated GBU.

I tried to figure that out by going to the control panel and Nvidia but i don't understand the pictures there.

Thank you <3

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options

The USB-C TBT4 port is a DisplayPort 1.4a over USB-C port also, these are the USB and HDMI port specs of your Predator Helios Neo PHN16-71 laptop.

The connection for the Valve Index headphones are as follows; 5m tether, 1m breakaway trident connector. USB 3.0, DisplayPort 1.2, 12V power, so you can connect the headphones with USB 3.0 that your laptop has or the TBT4 which is a Provides DisplayPort 1.4a over USB-C port also. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Valve Index Headset

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Sam92
    edited March 30
    Options

Thank you for your answer. i may be mistaken so forgive me if i missed something, however i'm concerned that the TBT4 wouldn't work for the Valve if the TBT4 isn't connected to the dedicated GBU. i was told there are two graphics cards, the GBU for gaming and another one by intel. and the TBT4 has to be connected to the gaming GBU in order for the valve to work , which is my question initially and primary concern , is the TBT4 in my laptop connected to the 4070 GBU ?

• Sam92
    Options

Thank you for your answer. i may be mistaken so forgive me if i missed something, however i'm concerned that the TBT4 wouldn't work for the Valve if the TBT4 isn't connected to the dedicated GBU. i was told there are two graphics cards, the GBU for gaming and another one by intel. and the TBT4 has to be connected to the gaming GBU in order for the valve to work , which is my question initially and primary concern , is the TBT4 in my laptop connected to the 4070 GBU ?