[Help] Predator Helios 3D 15 Spatiallabs Edition: SSD Upgrade

Options
Xiba6
Xiba6 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hello, I recently acquired a laptop Predator Helios 3D 15 Spatiallabs Edition (with RTX 4080) and I would like to know if upgrading the SSD is possible.

What is the exact reference of the current SSD? Would it be possible to replace it with two SSD "Samsung 980 Pro 2TB" ? Or even a 990 Pro if it's compatible.

And one last question, for RAID0, is it mandatory that both SSDs be of the same brand/model/reference? Thank you!

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,011 Trailblazer
    Options

The Predator Helios 3D 15 SpatialLabs Edition PH3D15-71 storage specs are 2x PCIe4x4 type M.2 SSD drives, the best and fattest M.2 SSD 2TB drive are the Corsair MP600 Elite 2TB which was the fastest Gen 4 x4 2TB M.2 SSD drive tested by Tom's Hardware benchmarks and the second fastest was the Crucial T500 2TB so consider these two M.2 SSD drives as they will compliment your high end Predator Helios 3D 15 SpatialLabs Edition PH3D15-71 very well. I suggest that you don't use RAID0 as having a PCIe4x4 M.2 SSD drive is fast enough and you don't need RAID as RAID is a past technology that with these new lighting fast drives is not needed. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍