Audio Not Working via USB-C Connection Between Aorus Laptop and Predator XB323QK Monitor

Options
HelloMoe
HelloMoe Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 28 in Predator Monitors

I recently linked my Aorus AORUS 15P laptop to my Predator XB323QK monitor utilizing a USB-C to USB-C cable. While video transmission is smooth, I'm encountering a complete absence of audio output. In an effort to rectify the issue, I uninstalled the HD audio driver, anticipating an automatic reinstallation, but unfortunately, this didn't resolve the issue. Consequently, the XB323QK sound option has disappeared from view. The audio option displayed while switching to the Predator monitor is the HD audio driver for display audio. Previously before uninstall, I could see waves on the volume bar, although no sound was audible.

To confirm, audio functions perfectly when the monitor is connected to other devices via HDMI, as part of my multiple monitor setup. This leads me to believe that the issue is specific to the connection between the monitor and the Aorus laptop via USB-C.

Despite my efforts, cycling through the options in the Predator menu hasn't yielded any results. The cable in use is a USB-IF Certified 10 Gbps Gen 2 USB C to USB C Cable.

I'm seeking guidance and assistance in resolving this audio issue. Any insights or suggestions would be immensely appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

Two HD audio drivers for display audio were on the device driver here, so I uninstalled them, hoping for an auto reinstall.

I'm seeking guidance and assistance in resolving this audio issue. Any insights or suggestions would be immensely appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

It looks like AORUS (don't you love the random names used for generic Chinese devices?) has drivers for the audio that need to be installed with the system disconnected from the internet. They are likely just bypassing their licensing for the Realtek software. Make sure you follow their directions after an uninstall to get their specific version back online. Once the right version is installed the monitor should show up in Sound, video and game controllers and the Realtek console should give you that option for an output device.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HelloMoe
    HelloMoe Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

Hello, thankyou for respoonding, but I'm a bit confused on what you are say. You are saying that aorus has drivers for the audio that need to be installed while the system is disconnected from the internet. I went on my laptops website where it says "Realtek High Definition Audio please install the audio driver, after disconnected the internet" So i disconnected my wifi and installed the drivers. The problem still persist.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

I was just going off the instructions on their support site… I don't know why they want you to be disconnected from the internet when installing them.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • chriss112
    chriss112 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    Options

It seems there's an issue with audio output when connecting your Aorus AORUS 15P laptop to the Predator XB323QK monitor via USB-C. Even after reinstalling drivers and trying different options in the monitor menu, the problem persists. Since audio works fine with HDMI connections, it suggests a specific problem with USB-C. Consider checking compatibility, updating drivers, or trying a different USB-C cable. Troubleshooting steps like these might help resolve the audio issue.

• chriss112
    chriss112 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    edited April 3
    Options

Try to resolve the issue from these steps and if you still face the issue then let me know I will be more than happy to help.