Acer Extensa 215-55 With Shutdown Problem

Options
MohamedSh
MohamedSh Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I Have Acer Laptop (Extensa 215-55) operating with windows 11, i have issue with this laptop is that when I shut it down from the start menu, the screen goes black but the fan and the led light keep working so i have to turn it off from the force shutdown button.

Does anyone have a solution or ever encountered this issue ?

Thank you

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,870 Trailblazer
    Options

Change the Power Plan from the Acer custom plan to Windows default plans (balanced plan recommended), disable Hibernate and fast Startup, Reset BIOS with F9 (in BIOS) and save changes. Boot to Windows and update to W11 23H2 build 22631.3296. Go online and open the Command Prompt as administrator, paste this command: Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and press Enter. After completion paste this command: SFC /scannow and press Enter. Repeat the SFC command till you see "….did not find any integrity violations."

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

Most likely you have an app or driver that either doesn't respond well to a shutdown command or takes a while to get fully closed. You can test that by booting in safe mode, then trying a shutdown. If that works as expected use msconfig to enable things one at a time until the problem reappears. As Puraw suggests, fast startup does leave some stuff active so they don't have to reinitialize when turning it back on but there's no need to disable hibernation. The DISM/SFC stuff is used to deal with a corrupted system image, so is unlikely to do anything unless your system load is bad.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.