Acer Aspire E 15 Laptop Suddenly Goes Black/Blank Screen And Turns Off

MPP_
MPP_ Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, I have a problem with my Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-553G). Sometimes the screen suddenly goes black/blank and about 20 sec later the laptop just turns off. Something like shutting down without a notice.

Earlier this year, I cleaned the fan inside of my laptop, added an SSD and moved the original HDD to CD drive slot with a caddy. I also changed the broken battery and reapplied the thermal paste by myself.
Then it got some Windows updates and driver updates after I turned it on. And that is when the problem happened for the first time.. I tried to tweet in Google Chrome, but it went blank after I uploaded pictures and almost pressed the tweet button.

I've been testing a few things to find the cause of it..
First I thought it might have something to do with the power. So I'm testing with and without battery and charger, tried some power options settings too but it seems the same problem still occurs.
Then I'm testing if it overheats. The laptop got hot but never suddenly turned off, even when I run it a day non-stop it is still fine.
I also happened to reinstall Windows 10 and still didn't fix the problem.
Later I found that when I play games, watching videos from my drive or Youtube stream vods more likely triggered the problem.
So is it something to do with the GPU or the graphic drivers maybe? Other than that everything is completely normal.

Sorry for the long story by the way, I don't know which part will help solve this.
I'll be very grateful if someone helps me to find the solution. Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers