How to turn monitor off on an all in one Acer C24! (Model C24-1300)

Options
doctorking1
doctorking1 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 31 in All-In-One PCs

I have a recently purchase Acer C24. I cannot find out how to turn the monitor off without turning the computer off. Any ideas please? I spoke to Acer customer services today and they didn't think there was an option. I can set the brightness level to dim and the screen to go off, but not for the actual monitor to turn off!

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,765 Pathfinder
    Options

@doctorking1

The power button is at the bottom, check the below picture

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

There are two ways you can deal with it… Setup a screen saver with a blank screen or set the power options to turn the display off after a certain time of no use. The latter is likely your best bet.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • doctorking1

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks Jack - that is a different monitor sadly.

• doctorking1

Tinkerer

Options

@Jack22 thanks but that is a different monitor sadly.

@billsey thanks

• billsey
    Options

There have been a lot of different C24 models over the years. When asking a question it's always best to give us the full model number… Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like C24-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • doctorking1

Tinkerer

Options

@billsey thanks - C24-1300 is the actual model

• billsey
    Options

So yes, the C24-1300 models don't have a way to just turn off the monitor physically, so your best bet it to use the Windows power options to turn it off after some time of inactivity. You will still get a small amount of power draw, but that allows it to wake back up when you move the mouse or press a key.

• doctorking1

Tinkerer

Options

thanks very much