Acer Predator PO3-630 And when i go in BIOS there isn't any tab to change ram speed

Options
KING_M4KS
KING_M4KS Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 25 in Gaming Accessories

Hey guys! I just bought new ram

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz 32GB

PC4-28800, CL18, XMP 2.0, DIMM (2x16GB)

And the ram speed is capped at 2667 MHz

My motherboard is a Acer Predator PO3-630 And when i go in BIOS there isn't any tab to change ram speed

Before i upgraded the ram i used the one that came with the prebuilt. It was a HyperX DDR4 SDRAM 3200Mhz and it ran at the 3200Mhz.

So i just wonder if there's a method to change the ram speed?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• KING_M4KS
    KING_M4KS Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I see half of the new ram text was cut away, this is the rest:

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz 32GB

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    edited March 26
    Options

All memory in the system needs to be XMP enabled before you can turn XMP on in the BIOS. The original BIOS didn't support XMP at all, so verify you both have the latest installed and that it has XMP enable as an option in Advanced; Chipset. If it's not there then they haven't done that particular BIOS change for the PO3-630 yet…

Note that if you remove the original memory, plug in the XMP then enable XMP you should run on the XMP profile. Opening it up at that point and putting the old memory back in will give you a brick until you pull it back out since the old memory will fail POST with an XMP profile enabled.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.