I have a predator G3-710, I want to change the gpu, add ram and add another hd or ssd

Options
neroamaro5
neroamaro5 Member Posts: 1 New User

I want to know if there is a slot for another ssd (I already have one installed) or an hard disk, also I would like to know which ram I should get to add another 8 gb and I'd like to know if I can get a 4060

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here's the layout of your motherboard:

#3 is an M.2 slot for a SATA SSD, #20 is four SATA slots for HDD/SSDs. #14 is the memory slots and #4 is the GPU slot. For memory, spec says "Support DDR4 1.2V 2400MHz U-DIMMs (4GB, 8GB or 16GB) dual
    channel up to 64GB total memory". You very likely have two 4GB sticks in there right now if you have 8GB, so another 8GB would be two more of those and here's the table for populating:

I think a 4060 is overkill for this machine, with a memory speed limit of 2400MHz and a storage speed limit of SATA3 (600 MB/s) you'll be throttled by those well before you run out of GPU. Look into the 2000 and perhaps 3000 series instead.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here's the layout of your motherboard:

#3 is an M.2 slot for a SATA SSD, #20 is four SATA slots for HDD/SSDs. #14 is the memory slots and #4 is the GPU slot. For memory, spec says "Support DDR4 1.2V 2400MHz U-DIMMs (4GB, 8GB or 16GB) dual
    channel up to 64GB total memory". You very likely have two 4GB sticks in there right now if you have 8GB, so another 8GB would be two more of those and here's the table for populating:

I think a 4060 is overkill for this machine, with a memory speed limit of 2400MHz and a storage speed limit of SATA3 (600 MB/s) you'll be throttled by those well before you run out of GPU. Look into the 2000 and perhaps 3000 series instead.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.