XC-886 Update Windows 11 Activation in the BIOS is possible,but doesn't seem to work.

Options
CP_123_ACP
CP_123_ACP Member Posts: 5 New User

Hallo,

laut Liste soll der PC XC-886 Windows 11 nutzen können.

Allerdings kann das Update nicht ausgeführt werden, da sich das TPM (Trusted Platform module) nicht aktivieren lässt.

Aktivierung im Bios ist zwar möglich, scheint aber nicht zu funktionieren.

Gibt es dafür eine Lösung ?

Danke im Voraus

Hello,

according to our list, the PC XC-886 should be able to use Windows 11. However, the update cannot be carried out because the TPM (Trusted Platform module) cannot be activated.

Activation in the BIOS (latest version) is possible, but doesn't seem to work.

Is there a solution for this ?

Thanks in advance

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Verify first that your model has a Coffee Lake processor (8th gen, so something like i5-8xxx). Acer hasn't released a suite of Windows 11 drivers, so there is likely some hardware on the model line that doesn't have full Windows 11 support. That's likely why Windows update hasn't offered you the W11 upgrade yet. Next, go into the BIOS to the Security tab and make sure TPM support is set to enabled. Once you have that, you can do a manual Windows 11 install with the caveat that some devices may not work right.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CP_123_ACP
    Options

Hallo, thank you for your answer,

the model has a Intel i5-9400 processor - it thing the board or bios ist not compatible;

now i have installed W11 without TPM.

• billsey
    Options

The only systems I am aware of that don't have TPM are the China exports, which have the Chinese equivalent modules. What does the BIOS display on the Security tab? Can you take a picture of it?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CP_123_ACP
    Options

Hallo,

the bios supports TPM, but it dosn`t work …

• billsey
    Options

What are the options when you press enter on the TPM Operation setting in Security?

• CP_123_ACP
    Options

Good morning,

only "none" or "clear" - with the same effect…

• billsey
    Options

OK, with it set to PTT and enabled it should be working. You might have to clear it is it's set in some odd mode… So give the clear a try. Then retry the Windows 11 installation and if it fails take a picture for us of the failure message.

• CP_123_ACP
    Options

… dosn`t work, "TPM not installed". I think there is a probleme with the Bios/board.

I installed windows 11 using "rufus" - without TPM support, without rufus, the installation of W11 will be blocked.