My device is overheating and than smt strange is going. acer nitro 5 an 517-54-77KG

Options
Zaldrik
Zaldrik Member Posts: 9 New User

So i have acer nitro 5 an 517-54-77KG, from factory i had 1 M2 ssd for 1 tb, then i add another one ssd also for 1tb, but when this ssd reach 60 - 63C my ps is crashing and its like on screans

ггц its mean GHz
so my pc is like work as slow as possible

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    edited March 24
    Options

Your Nitro AN517-54 has an RTX3050Ti gpu and the below SSD1 and SSD2 of its M.2 slots is the storage specs what your laptop operates on, its SSD1 boot drive is a Gen 4 x4 type slot, and its SSD2 slave drive slot is a Gen 3x4 type slot. You need to make sure that you have fitted high quality M.2 SSD drives and not cheap generic M.2 SSD drives that can overheat and fail. I also suggest that you stick a good thermal pads material on the entire top of the M.2 SSD drives to keep M.2 SSD drive cool, as that works very well to reduce heat and make the M.2 SSD drive function cooler. If you have a good quality M.2 SSD it should NOT fail and/or overheat, the M.2 slot is a very reliable drive slot, and it very rarely goes wrong or faulty. The problem that you are having is that the M.2 drive is faulty and needs replacing.

Fit these M.2 SSD drives as they are the quickest benchmark tested buy Tom's Hardware M.2 SSD drives for Gen 4 and Gen 3 M.2 SSD for your laptop:

• For a Gen 4 x4 1TB M.2 drive the Seagate Game Drive PS5 is the quickest - for a 2TB M.2 SSD drive the Corsair MP600 Elite is the quickest
    • For a Gen3 x4 M.2 SSD drives the quickest 1TB is the WD Blue SN580 and the quickest 2TB is the SK Hynix Gold P31

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Zaldrik
    Zaldrik Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

I have 2 m2 ssd slots, so as i said my pc is slowing when 1 ssd reach 60-63C, so it is not much for such ssd cause it can reach about 80 - 90C, and when it reach 60C it start working like 0.17GHz on CPU, and if I swap slots of my m2 ssd, 1 became working 40 - 50C and its fine, but another one start be hot and crash my PC, so its not problem in SSD i think. Cause it doesnt matter which ssd, but its importent which slot is it