Is there a heat issue with the Acer Aspire 515-57G RTX 2050 variant laptop?

Options
MuhammadNuman
MuhammadNuman Member Posts: 1 New User

I purchased my Acer Aspire 5 approximately eight months ago. Initially, I noticed some minor heating issues, which I managed with a cooling pad. However, over the past one to two months, the heating problem has escalated significantly. It has reached a point where performing basic tasks like opening folders or browsing becomes challenging, and sometimes the laptop even shuts down on its own due to excessive heat. Despite attempting to alleviate the issue by disabling the dedicated GPU, the problem persists.

Symptoms:

• Increased heat
  • Excessive fan noise
  • CPU usage ranging from 2% to 5%
  • Memory usage around 50% to 60%

Specifications:

• Model: Acer Aspire 515-57G
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • Storage: 1TB SSD
  • Graphics: Nvidia RTX 2050 4GB VRAM

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    edited March 24
    Options

The Aspire A515-57G with the RTX2050 gpu is set to reach temps of 100C in performance mode and its CPU/GPU fans should spin at 5200/4700rpm to cool the laptop down, the Aspire A515-57G is NOT a gaming laptop so never expect this laptop to game like an Acer Nitro or a Predator gaming laptop as it doesn't have the thermal module (see caption below) like a true gaming laptop, hence and why its cheaper priced. This laptop should not be turning off from excessive heat as it could have thermal issues that you should consult Acer Tech Support and send your laptop to them to fix. Don't open the laptop and/or do anything as it could void your Acer 2 year warranty, so get Acer to fix this issue for you.

A515-57G thermal module

Note: for this laptop to perform at its best you need to make sure that you have installed the latest game ready NVidia drivers, play your games through the NVidia GeForce Experience software and install the latest bios version 1.26. Make sure that all Win-11 updates are updated and also install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant so that all Intel drivers are up to date. If you have done all this and your Aspire A515-57G still overheats then send it to Acer.

Btw, I've got the same laptop and I speak from personal experience when I'm suggesting all the above fixes, as my A515-57G is performing perfectly and never ever overheats, but I've repasted the cpu/gpu with the Thermal Grizzly liquid metal (be careful with liquid metal and always follow the manufacturer's instructions, never apply too much paste as it will damage your cpu/gpu and mainboard) and I've also changed the VRAM thermal pads with their high-end aftermarket pads which has improved temps in the range and max of between 7-10C. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍