Acer Nitro 5 - Black Screen of Death while Playing high GPU Games

Options
SailorAndMagpie
SailorAndMagpie Member Posts: 4 New User

I've been having issues with getting black screen crashes while playing video games with a high GPU. I initially thought this was a bug in the game, but when I contacted the support team for any advice they told me that it was likely an issue with outdated or bugged graphics driver. When I looked it up on google, I seem to not be the only one to be having this issue, so I went to update my graphics drivers. I managed to get nvidia to the latest version using GeForce Experience but the crash still occurs. I think it might have something to do with intel but I can't find any graphic driver updates for it, at least, none except this one which is giving me a strict warning not to download it unless Acer has something better.

I still don't even know if this is an actual issue with my graphics driver or if there is another solution needed to fix this problem. Hopefully someone has already dealt with this problem before and knows how to fix it for good. Its not an emergency but the bug has once caused a save file from my game to corrupt and I had to delete it, so I need to find a solution.

If anybody can help, it'd be highly appreciated!

Answers