LCD Overdrive option not available in Nitro 5 [ANV15-51-51TF]

Options
dsRNA
dsRNA Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 23 in Nitro Gaming

As the title suggests. I've recently bought an Acer Nitro V 15 [ANV15-51-51TF] about two days ago, I wasn't particularly happy with the bloatware that came with the system, so I decided to reinstall Windows 11.

Before reinstalling Windows 11, in the Nitro sense app, the option for LCD Overdrive was available, but in the new installation it is not.

I've attempted to download the VGA drivers which are necessary, but the Nitro sense app fails to install them, but even downloading the drivers manually from the Acer website did not help.

I'm extremely frustrated about this, thinking of returning the unit because the ghosting makes gaming on this laptop frustrating. I'm open to suggestions and fixes if there's any. Thank you.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,853 Trailblazer
    Options

Why reinstalling Windows11 on a brand-new laptop with OEM Windows? Just uninstall bloatware, trial versions and 3rd-party AV and browsers. I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services in your country to reset the system to factory defaults for a small service fee and then uninstall the above bloatware, don't use the Windows uninstaller but 3rd-party uninstallers that you can download from their sites otherwise there may still be remnants "lurking" in the registry to reinstall, monitor and/or backup stuff to cloud. Don't use 3rd-party uninstallers like PC Cleaner that can cause havoc to the registry and is almost impossible to completely uninstall.

• dsRNA
    dsRNA Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Unfortunately, the laptop came with more than just McAfee, had to reinstall Windows to ensure no traces of the bloat is left, and no I have not used any registry tweaks.

That doesn't explain why I can't find the LCD overdrive option, I'm not the only one experiencing this issue and it has no fix until now.