Black screen while watching YouTube videos in nitro 5 N20C1

Wiktor03
Wiktor03 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 25 in Nitro Gaming

Hi, i was watching some youtube videos, then suddenly my screen turned black, i tried to reset laptop, do something but i tried almost everything what was at forums etc. This problem looks like: i turning laptop on, screen is black, even Acer logo doesn't show up, it seems like laptop is restarting itself because when i turn device on, keyboard start lighting, blue light turning on, then keyboard turning off like blue light, and turning on one more time and screen is still black, it seems like there is no even matrix backlight, i guess something can be wrong with drivers or smth, when i connect eternal screen there is nothing on it too, so this is no hardware problem. Please help me.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,016 Trailblazer

What is your laptop model and how old is the battery? If you see a small pinhole in the back with a battery symbol you can try to reset the battery by gently pressing a pin in that hole till you feel it click (microswitch) keep pressing for 5 seconds. If your laptop is still under waranty you should bring it to Acer Services in your country to reset the system to factory defaults, include your adapter. If the Acer warranty has expired, you can try this (disconnect everything from the laptop first):
    Power drain + CMOS reset: Open the back of the laptop and disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard. Locate the CMOS module (with 2 twisted wires Red and Black) and remove the coin battery. Shorten the +/- contacts inside the CMOS capsule for 2 seconds with a bended paperclip and put the coin battery back with the + sign facing up, close the CMOS capsule. If you have removable RAM modules (not soldered) unseat the SODIMMs and secure firmly back in the slots. Next, press the Power Button on the keyboard for 10-15 seconds after that reconnect the battery cable to the motherboard. Close the laptop, plug-in the adapter and try to boot.

• Wiktor03

The laptop is 3 years old, there is no hole so i can't reset battery this way, i unlpuged BIOS battery, upluged main baterry, pressed "ON" button few times to discharge the remaining charges from the capacitors. Nothing helped, the problem is still same, black screen, no logo, no matrix backlight, i tried to clicking few buttons, to enter safe mode, bios, boot environment, nothing worked. i don't have warranty too, have you more ideas what i can do with this?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,016 Trailblazer
    edited March 24

Tell us what the full laptop model is you are using, and you did not shorten the inside of the CMOS housing with a bended paperclip nor did you check the seating of the RAM modules (if your model has removable RAM). To discharge statics you should keep the Power Button pressed for 10 seconds, not toggle the button. What is the condition of the battery, run a Battery report to check the last full charge capacity (powercfg /batteryreport).

• Wiktor03

The model of the laptop is Acer nitro 5 N20C1, Ram modules are sitting good. To be sure, I took them out, wiped the contacts with an eraser, and then plugged the modules back in. I checked CMOS battery with multimetr, the voltage is good too. I also used bended paperclip. Nothing helped, the problem is still same. Can you tell me how i can run a Battery report? I can't even enter safe mode, bios or boot environment, soo how i can run battery report when there is only black screen.