PH16-71-93FR Acer, Please Let us overclock/underclock our chips!!!! (Helios 16, 13900HX)

Options
Satwik_R
Satwik_R Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 27 in Predator Laptops

Hello guys, I'm a predator user from the early days, I've had a predator helios 300 (PH315-53) since 4 years, and I recently bought the helios 16 (PH16-71-93FR).

No matter how hot my laptop gets, I just had the ability to just underclock my cpu and reduce the temps on my old laptop(max fans not even on turbo mode). TBH, I paid over 2000$ for this laptop, and the chip gets overheated in turbo even with max fans and ACER doesn't even let me undervolt or underclock this chip. A simple 200ghz underclock of the cpu chip would result in massive performance gain!!

Don't even get me started on the "Intel locked the undervolting thing". All the other manufacturers like ASUS and Lenovo bypassed the lock on the chip, but ACER didn't. They wouldn't even let us "underclock" the chips anymore, which would help reduce the power draw and the temps!!

Predator Sense is so inferior compared to the other competition. Even the TUF laptops have better software, which are way less expensive!!

This makes me so infuriated as a predator fan, I'm even thinking of moving to Lenovo even if it costs me a little more.

All you have to do is allow us more control on the CPU/GPU side and fix your dang software, this will take out all the competition.

Release a BIOS update to unlock overclocking/underclocking at least!

Please mods, I beg you pass this on to the developers, this is from all of the community, not just a rant by a mad man.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Satwik_R
    Satwik_R Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Wow I don't even think the situation is ever gonna change in the near future

• m1sterd
    m1sterd Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options

I have been asking for this since first getting the Predator Helios 16-71, mine has the i9 13900HX and RTX 4080 and it gets far, far, far too hot on the CPU, allowing me to undervolt it may allow it to run cooler. To be honest this is my first Acer laptop and very likely my last, many other big manufacturers allow undervolting as they realise these chips can run hot and loud.

My laptop also stopped charging and had to be replaced, so not confident on the reliability, especially when it runs so hot.