Dual Monitor Set-up on Acer Nitro XZ32QU S x2 monitors and an acer predator

Options
PotatoBandit
PotatoBandit Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited March 21 in Monitors

I played around with my monitors and now I cannot get them to work properly.

I have a dual monitor setup using Acer Nitro XZ32QU S x2 monitors and an acer predator That comes with Display Port 1.4and HDMI 2.0 I believe. I was able to setup my monitors with my laptop closed perfectly with one monitor connected via display port and the other via HDMI. One day I plugged out my DisplayPort and connected an HDMI to my ps5 so I could game and use the other monitor for my pc. I did something like making only screen 2 display and now when I plug back in my display port in Screen 1 and it's all on the right source, only screen 2 comes up and for me to have screen 1 up I need to disconnect the HDMI from my second monitor. I also notice screen 1 and my laptop screen act as a duplicate somehow. Even when I somehow fix it, when I restart my pc, I go right back to square one. How on earth do I fix this permanently?

PC is Windows 11

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Use Windows-P to bring up the settings, verify it's configure to Extend the desktop.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.