I purchased new laptop online. Battery detection error . What is the process to be followed

Options
Kiransirigineni1989
Kiransirigineni1989 Member Posts: 1 New User

I purchased new laptop online. Battery detection error screen attached. Kindly guide in the same

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,877 Trailblazer
    edited March 21
    Options

You need to do a full charge cycle with a new battery for BIOS and MS ACPI battery control to register the capacity. First boot to BIOS with F2 and reset BIOS with F9 in BIOS, save settings and reboot to Windows, in Device Manager uninstall the 2 battery drivers (red circle on picture below) and reboot. Uninstall Hibernate and Fast Startup and completely shut down the laptop the correct way with Start on the taskbar and the Power-Shutdown icon. Close the lid.

Remove all peripherals, monitors, BT mouse and what is connected to the USB ports. I am assuming you use the barrel type "brick" power adapter and plug that in the DC barrel port of your laptop. Check that the AC plug of the power adapter is properly inserted in an electrical wall outlet and the amber battery LED comes on, let it charge till the amber LED turns blue and wait an extra 1 minutes. Open the lid and boot to Windows, check on the taskbar right side that the battery meter reads 100%, if not or the amber battery light does not turn blue or no battery LED you have a bad or incompatible battery, either get a new battery or bring the laptop to Acer Services in your country. If the battery meter indicates 100% charge, do the full discharge/charge cycle: Disconnect the power adapter and work with your laptop all day till the system shuts down automatically (not to worry, no data is lost). Don't touch the Power Button and close the lid. Plug in the power adapter and check that the amber battery LED comes on, do not open the lid or try to boot, just wait 1-2 hours till the battrey LED turns blue and wait 10 minutes, open the lid and boot to wndows, make a batttery report. Should show the correct statistics. Don't try to limit the battery charging to 80% with Acer Care Center or any other battery charge limiting bloatware, check this forum that battery charge limiting programs cause power issues in Windows, Acer no longer has that option in ACC.