Needed info to compare models H6517ABD and H6546Ki

Options
peval
peval Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello everyone,

I need to compare the features of two different beamers, however the specs appearing online are quite inconsistent or apparently missing

I have the beamer model H6517ABD which should have a contrast ratio of 20.000:1 and 3.200 lumen.

I am interested in model H6546Ki which seems to have only 10.000:1 contrast ration but 5.200 lumen

Is the 20:000 contrast ration of old device H6517 a real figure? can it be trusted? or was it just an old way of measuring contrast so it is not really comparable with the 10.000:1 which seems to be the standard in Acer beamers

In some forum i read that H6546Ki's fan suddenly starts operating and it is quite noisy, plus from time to time the beamer shuts itself off to protect from heating, and if this is correct and frequent, then it is not a suitable solution unless i can keep it always in eco-mode provided the brightness remains above 3.000 lumen at least.

The model H6546Ki also has some features like LumiSense, ColorBoost, ColorSafe II, Acer BlueLightShield, and I cannot find information if those features were also used from H6517

I am very happy about my old H6517ABD, it worked very well for thousands hours and i replaced the lamp just once, i am just looking for a newer model with higher contrast/brightness as i work 100% of my time using the beamer on a 130" surface instead of a monitor

Many thanks!

Peval

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,557 Trailblazer
    Options

> >Is the 20:000 contrast ratio of old device H6517 a real figure? can it be trusted> >

Listed ratios and other figures like brightness are nominal ratings. This means there is variability between even identical production models that may seem noticeably different to the human eye which in itself is a subjective tool.

Accordingly, if you need a 100% guarantee that the listed figures are 100% accurate (for example listed 20,000 contrast ratio vs. actual 18,000) or real before trying a H6546Ki relative to the H6517ABD , then don't try it. However, the only way to assess if it meets your subjective needs, is to buy one from a reputable vendor with a good return merchandise authorization (RMA) policy just in case you find the contrast ratio is unacceptable.

Jack E/NJ