Acer Predator XB283K KVbmiipruzx 28" randomly goes to a black screen

Options
Kronblad
Kronblad Member Posts: 1 New User

For some reason my monitor will just randomly flick to a black screen for like 2 seconds, and then go back to normal. There really doesn't seem to be any method of actually producing the results. I get up from my chair, screen flicks. I open my curtains, screen flicks. Turn my head, screen flicks. Pretty much anything.

I have absolutely no clue why this is going on. It isn't a huge issue by any means, it is just incredibly annoying. I have indeed tried reinstalling drivers.

Best Answer

• naiya
    naiya Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

The intermittent black screen flickering you're experiencing with your monitor could be caused by a few different potential issues:

1. Video Cable Connection Loose or faulty video cable connections between your monitor and computer can sometimes cause this type of flickering behavior. Make sure the video cable (HDMI, DisplayPort, etc.) is securely connected at both ends and try a different cable if possible.
    2. Graphics Driver Issue While you mentioned reinstalling drivers, a graphics driver conflict or bug could still be the culprit. Try uninstalling your current graphics drivers completely using a tool like Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and then reinstall the latest official drivers from the manufacturer.
    3. Power/Sleep Settings Check your computer's power management and display sleep settings. Sometimes incorrect or overly aggressive sleep/power saving settings can cause monitors to briefly black out.
    4. Hardware Issue If software troubleshooting doesn't resolve it, there could be an hardware issue with either the monitor itself, graphics card, or motherboard output. Loose internal connections or faulty components can manifest as intermittent black screen flickering.

Here are some steps to try:

1. Update all drivers - not just graphics but also chipset, BIOS/UEFI
    2. Check monitor settings for any power saving modes to disable
    3. Use a different video cable and different video output port
    4. Run monitor with a different computer to isolate the issue
    5. Check for Windows updates related to display/graphics
    6. Reset BIOS to defaults

If it persists after thorough software troubleshooting, it may point to a hardware component failure that needs repair or replacement.

Answers

• naiya
    naiya Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

The intermittent black screen flickering you're experiencing with your monitor could be caused by a few different potential issues:

1. Video Cable Connection Loose or faulty video cable connections between your monitor and computer can sometimes cause this type of flickering behavior. Make sure the video cable (HDMI, DisplayPort, etc.) is securely connected at both ends and try a different cable if possible.
    2. Graphics Driver Issue While you mentioned reinstalling drivers, a graphics driver conflict or bug could still be the culprit. Try uninstalling your current graphics drivers completely using a tool like Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and then reinstall the latest official drivers from the manufacturer.
    3. Power/Sleep Settings Check your computer's power management and display sleep settings. Sometimes incorrect or overly aggressive sleep/power saving settings can cause monitors to briefly black out.
    4. Hardware Issue If software troubleshooting doesn't resolve it, there could be an hardware issue with either the monitor itself, graphics card, or motherboard output. Loose internal connections or faulty components can manifest as intermittent black screen flickering.

Here are some steps to try:

1. Update all drivers - not just graphics but also chipset, BIOS/UEFI
    2. Check monitor settings for any power saving modes to disable
    3. Use a different video cable and different video output port
    4. Run monitor with a different computer to isolate the issue
    5. Check for Windows updates related to display/graphics
    6. Reset BIOS to defaults

If it persists after thorough software troubleshooting, it may point to a hardware component failure that needs repair or replacement.