Diagnostic tools, I need to somehow check the cpu fan without downloading any tools

Options
Xyler
Xyler Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 14 in Aspire Laptops

I hope I don't see a response saying to press F2 and check the HDD because that's exactly what I get in Google results as a diagnostic tool...

I need to somehow check the cpu fan without downloading any tools because the computer might shut down before it gets to that point. Does Acer have any on board diagnostic tools?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,508 Trailblazer
    Options

We physically check fans if the cooling is still effective (CPU overheats), have noisy bearings/vibration or for excessive dirt accumulated on the blades or in the vents and ducts, outside and if the warranty is of no concern, inside laptops. Measuring amps of a fan is meaningless and DB (noise) would require a Fluke multimeter (not practical). Maybe you want to check the condition of your hard drive?

• Xyler
    Xyler Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Well I can definitely check the condition of the hard drive and put a different one in if needed. I just kept getting a error when I was trying to install Ubuntu on my laptop about the internal temperature being too much or something