Acer Swift 3 Intel i5 10th Gen; issue with powering laptop on

Options
Anna28188
Anna28188 Member Posts: 1 New User

Recently yesterday, I’ve been having an issue with my Acer laptop with powering it on. It was fine a few days ago, but when I turned it on the next morning (yesterday), the keyboard was lighting up when I started powering it my laptop on, even when I let go, the lights, keep flickering, the fans were still working. I then searched it up on Google, and it told me to do a power internal switch by flipping the laptop over and placing a paper clip or pin to the hole for five seconds I did that and now it’s completely not working the fans aren’t working but they were working yesterday but now they aren’t so I’m sure what to do. When I press the power button, the light on the side of the laptop just keeps flickering orange and sometimes it’s blue but when I tap the power button , the light just disappears.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    Options

Is your Swift 3 the model SF314-57 as that has an i5-1035G1 10th Gen Intel cpu and comes with 4GB/8GB/16GB On-board LPDDR4 / LPDDR4X ram. What you should do is to first do a Hard Reset of the laptop and see if this rests your laptop EC, BIOS and Chipset, take the back cover off, take the main battery out, disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery and short its mainboard plug +&- pins with a metal object to rest the CMOS. Leave the laptop like that for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight and then reconnect everything and reboot as this reset should make your laptop work.

RTC/BIOS Battery

If it doesn’t and its a Predator or a Nitro gaming laptop it could be their Chipset chip that could be shorted (which is common with faults like you are having) which means that your laptop needs a new mainboard as chipset chips are very hard to get as they are not sold new. Take your laptop to either Acer Tech Support in your country or to an experienced technician that has experience in analyzing laptop circuitries and has the ability to fix them. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

It's always easier for us to answer questions like this if you give us the full model number. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SF3xx-xxx-xxxx. There have been a lot of Swift 3 models over the years, and 10th gen by itself doesn't pin it down. You might have the 14" version that Steven suggests, but it also might be the 13" version, which has a different motherboard. All we really know for sure is that it's not one of the AMD versions…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • millliwartan
    millliwartan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hy Everyone