Acer edx270 screen wouldn’t turn on and flicker white when powered

Options
Juicer8787
Juicer8787 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 12 in Monitors

hi all,

Had some trouble with an Acer monitor a couple years back, screen wouldn’t turn on and flicker white when powered- sent it for repairs and Acer support told me they replaced the screen. It worked for maybe 6 months before the issue resumed. Sadly wasn’t in warranty this time (interestingly the time it took for Acer to repair the monitor also counted towards its warranty duration even though I didn’t have the product in my possession). Anyways rules are rules.

Decided to make it a little project at home see if I could diagnose what was wrong with it. Been using a multimeter to check the mainboard (2RT775A0NMA). All the electrolytic capacitors are reading higher than their quoted capacitance on a gw instek lcr6300 on its CS-RS mode. Bit of reading up on capxon capacitors showed they are notoriously bad components.

Furthermore having a look at my board under the microscope, I’m not sure who’s in charge of quality control but I’ve never seen a more over fluxed poor solder joint jungle of components.

I can’t find the diagram or schematic for the board at all but it seems entire capacitors are missing from the board, can’t verify this without a schematic of course ( might I add all capacitors were consistently reading with their similar package sizes)

Anyways just coming on here to ask if anyone has the schematic for the ACER edx270 240hz, with the board name mentioned above. Planning on buying some better electrolytic capacitors and seeing if that can fix the issue, but I need to see the schematic to know if my theory that there are missing components is true

Not willing to purchase a new screen as I might as well replace the monitor. Not willing to buy another mainboard as it can’t be much better than this one based on the quality of construction.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

This mainboard is likely made by ViewSonic. It's virtually a commodity item (meaning cheap ~$50) also used in re-labelled monitors & parts sold by Asus, Dell, HP etc. We Acer users usually don't have access to any details on boards like this. But may be available for a modest sum from 3rd party online motherboard diagram sources under the Acer part no. 55.TJMMD.001. Sorry. Have fun messing around with it though. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

This mainboard is likely made by ViewSonic. It's virtually a commodity item (meaning cheap ~$50) also used in re-labelled monitors & parts sold by Asus, Dell, HP etc. We Acer users usually don't have access to any details on boards like this. But may be available for a modest sum from 3rd party online motherboard diagram sources under the Acer part no. 55.TJMMD.001. Sorry. Have fun messing around with it though. 🙂

Jack E/NJ