How to boot a Acer Aspire TC-866 into a bootable USB Drive

Options
JAMnam99
JAMnam99 Member Posts: 2 New User

So I accidentally deleted windows from my SSD and trying to reformat it using my USB. So I went ahead and plugged my Bootable USB in and gone to the bios to select "Removable Device" As my 1st Boot Device and disabled 2nd - 4th Boot Device. I restarted my pc and it still not booting into my Bootable USB drive, can someone please help?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,877 Trailblazer
    Options

In BIOS after you moved the USB drive to the top of the Boot Devices list, did you save the changes or just exit BIOS without saving? You can try if the USB drive boots on another Windows PC. Possibly you did not make a proper boot drive, check this link how to do that: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html

• JAMnam99
    JAMnam99 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I saved the settings but it still not booting into my bootable drive

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options

@JAMnam99

Go to bios for tapping del for Desktop while turning on the computer.

Go to bios for tapping f2 for laptop while turning on the computer.

On the bios menu - go to main menu

f12 boot menu - disabled - change it to enabled by pressing enter

go to boot option menu on the top

Boot mode - uefi

Secure boot - enabled

f10 - saved the changes

While turning on the computer tap f12 - it goes to boot menu

chose the bootable drive on the list of options.

It will boot using selectable drive

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JordanHall383
    JordanHall383 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

If your computer is not booting from the USB drive despite setting it as the first boot device in the BIOS, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check USB Drive: Ensure that your bootable USB drive is properly created and functional. Test it on another computer if possible to verify that it can boot successfully.
    2. BIOS Settings:
      • Double-check the boot order settings in the BIOS to make sure the USB drive is selected as the first boot device.
      • Verify that you've saved the changes in the BIOS before exiting. Some systems require you to explicitly save changes before they take effect.
    3. UEFI vs. Legacy Boot:
      • Check if your system is set to boot in UEFI or Legacy mode. Sometimes, the USB drive needs to be formatted in a specific way to be recognized. Try switching between UEFI and Legacy mode to see if it makes a difference.
    4. USB Port: Try using a different USB port on your computer. Some motherboards may have specific USB ports that are designated for booting.
    5. Secure Boot: In some cases, Secure Boot may prevent non-signed bootloaders from running. Check your BIOS settings for Secure Boot and try disabling it if necessary.
    6. Recreate Bootable USB: If the USB drive is not properly created, recreate the bootable USB using a reliable tool like Rufus or the official Windows Media Creation Tool.
    7. BIOS/UEFI Update: Ensure that your motherboard's BIOS or UEFI firmware is up to date. Sometimes, updating the firmware can resolve compatibility issues.
    8. Check USB for Compatibility: Some older systems may have issues booting from USB 3.0 ports. If possible, try using a USB 2.0 port for the bootable drive.
    9. Inspect Boot Errors: If there's an error message when trying to boot from USB, take note of it. It may provide clues about what is going wrong.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

You just need to turn on the boot menu in the BIOS, then use the F12 key to get the boot menu to show up when you first start. It will list all bootable devices and you should be able to choose the USB drive at that point.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.