How to connect an SSD drive’s SATA power connector to the motherboard of an Acer Veriton X4640G?

Options
Adol
Adol Member Posts: 5 New User

I have an Acer Veriton X4640G (VX4640G_E) equipped with a DVD and HDD, which occupy two SATA data connectors on the motherboard. The third SATA data connector is empty. They are also connected to two 6-pin power connectors on the motherboard. Can I connect the SSD power connector to one of those, and if so, how? Or should I extend the power cable from the DVD’s power supply to the SSD?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, both of the connectors shown as #18 are identical and each provide the power for two drives.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    Options

The SATA HDD needs its proper power plug that come from the cables that are provided and listed below.

This is the guide of Reinstalling the HDD Modules for this desktop, so do the below:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Adol
    Adol Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

My motherboard looks like the one pictured above. Number 18 indicates two connectors that provide power to the HDD and the DVD, respectively. Number 16 points to three SATA data connectors. My question is: Can I attach my new SSD’s power cable to any of the connectors labeled as 18 without worrying about the existing HDD and DVD functioning correctly? Also, could you provide information describing the remaining numbers on that motherboard?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, both of the connectors shown as #18 are identical and each provide the power for two drives.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.