Nitro XV275K P3 not switching to USB-C input without powering off and on

Options
Astropol
Astropol Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 10 in Monitors

Hi there,

I just purchased a Nitro XV275K P3 monitor. I have a PC connected to it via Display Port and a MacBook M1 Max connected to it via USB-C.

If I'm working on my PC via Display Port and then try to switch over to the Mac on USB-C it says "No Signal". I have to turn monitor off and back on again for it to recognize the USB-C input.

Is there any solution for this? I'd hate to constantly have to power the monitor off and on constantly.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,289 Trailblazer
    Options

In BIOS there is a TBT Gain setting that is disabled as default, enabling TBT Gain may improve the Display Out function. You have to press Ctrl+S first in BIOS Advanced screen to see that feature.

• Astropol

Tinkerer

Options

I think this reply may have been for a different post?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,289 Trailblazer
    edited March 10
    Options

I thought it was an Acer laptop you are using, with a Thunderbolt issue, just ignore it. 😉

• Astropol

Tinkerer

Options

Oh! I didn’t even know you could enter BIOS on a Mac. How do you do that?

• Astropol

Tinkerer

Options

Yeah it doesn’t look like it’s possible to access those settings in the new Silicon Macs.
    Any other ideas?

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options

@Astropol

Try windows + p and check whether you see any options to switch between devices

'

For mac computers you might have to check with apple.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,780 Pathfinder
    Options

@Astropol

Does unplugging and plugging in the Type-C cable make any difference? Or you still have to turn the monitor off and on again?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Astropol

Tinkerer

Options

Unfortunately unplugging and plugging the USB-C cable back in doesn't work. I still have to turn the monitor off and on again in order for it to recognize the signal from the MacBook.

I can however switch from TypeC to DisplayPort for my Windows machine and that does work.

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@Astropol

Try to switch the USB port Select to B-type.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • Astropol

Tinkerer

Options

@AnhEZ28

Unfortunately switching to to B Type didn't work either. Still getting "No Signal" when I switch the input to USB-C from the Mac unless I power off and on the monitor.

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@Astropol

Then try turning off DDC/CI, or toggling Quick Start mode off.

• Astropol

Tinkerer

Options

@AnhEZ28 

Still no joy.

I guess I'll just have to resign myself to powering the monitor off and on when I want to switch.

I contacted Acer but they said they don't work with Macs so they can't address the situation.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Yeah, the Macs do some weird stuff on the video ports, to better help their users choose a Mac monitor instead of anyone else's… Part of the problem with any proprietary system.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.