does anyone know waht is the bios version that comes with an aspire tc-895-eb11

Options

i heard about a recent exploit that can affect my BIOS and i am searching for the bios version/type, and it is urgent, i have been having this computer for nearly like 3 years on august, and i aint done with it
so anyone, and i mean anyone, tell me what is the bios version on this computer
i maybe found the version on this website which is the R01-A3
please help to protect fellow ASPIRE series desktop user of any era against that exploit
what is the exploit i talk about:
https://arstechnica.com/security/2023/12/just-about-every-windows-and-linux-device-vulnerable-to-new-logofail-firmware-attack/2/

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited March 9
    Options

The last bios update from Acer for the TC895 desktop is the version R01-A3 dated 2021/08/03 which "Update ME version to v14.5.32.1397v4" which is the Management Engine which its primary purpose is to provide out-of-band management capabilities, allowing remote access and control even when the main operating system is not running. And this bios update also includes the previous update of "Added AcerDevEnSrv module for Acer Device Enabling Service".

The LogoFAIL firmware attack is handled by your windows security defender software and if you have a separate anti-virus then that software will do the same. I'm sure that this threat has been tackled and its not being allowed to affect PC in the windows OS range, so don't worry.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍