Realtek audio driver corruption on Helios PH315-53

Options
znk1
znk1 Member Posts: 4 New User

It's me again.

I've recently made a post about my realtek drivers not emmiting any sort of audio. While I did get a solution towards that problem, I'm afraid another much worse one has popped up.

Let me get straight to the point. Realtek drivers corrupt my laptop. When I try to install driver version 6.0.9054, the install wizard gets stuck at uninstalling, and then ends up blue screening my pc with a BSOD code of SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Further attempts at booting/installing these drivers resulted in KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD codes, rendering the laptop completely unbootable including safe mode. I did get it to boot eventually, however I do not have any audio (as expected) What's really weird to me is the fact how I've uninstalled my drivers already, yet I still get the "uninstalling" message when trying to reinstall. Trying an older driver version resulted in the KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION BSOD. Is there any way for me to fix this without reinstalling the system/switching to alternative drivers? And if I do have to make the switch to alternative drivers, which ones would guarantee that my headset mic would work?

Answers

• znk1
    znk1 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited March 9
    Options

I just realized that right after I finished writing this post, my realtek drivers appeared yet again in device manager. Kind of worried about that, especially with the fact how I cancelled the installation.