How do I get a glossy Predator X34 V3 once it comes out?

Options
Neuromancer23
Neuromancer23 Member Posts: 3 New User

I know the current specs say it will be matte, but I stumbled upon this thread:

Is there a chance I could get a glossy unit whenever the Predator X34 V3 comes out? Can the step where they apply the film at the factory be skipped at manufacturing for a specific product ID or something and then sent to a specific distributor where I can ask for the unit with the exact ID?

Also why not just offer gloss options for every monitor, especially the gaming oriented ones? It's objectively better. Can't hurt to have a small percentage without the film applied.

I've also seen videos of people removing the matte film on their own, but it requires disassembling the monitor and looks dangerous to do, especially for a curved one.

Answers

• puli
    puli Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

DUDE - Sorry I don't have an answer to your question but you make me feel like I'm not crazy… Gaming monitors are ALL MATTE or OLED and that is not an exaggeration 😭

Also anything but the cheap e-waste monitors are over 24 inches… I don't really want a super deep desk… How the heck are 32 inch gaming monitors so popular?! moving my head and eyes around that much would give me the worst migraine.

I just want glossy IPS and at 24 inches (4K preferably but 1080p works too) 😋

You can try to purchase this monitor by this sketchy company - They used to be called EVE but they re-branded to DOUGH (probably because they built a bad reputation as EVE). Many customers who pre-ordered their monitor did not even receive it once it went on sale and cannot get a refund from them… And it also took WAYYY longer to come to market than the company initially insisted. !!!BUT!!! This is the ONLY glossy IPS high-refresh rate gaming monitor on the market (that I know of anyways, and I have LOOKED A LOT). Specs:

😍 glossy
    😍 4K (3840 x 2160 - 16:9)
    😐️ 27 inches
    😍 IPS
    😍 144hz (with pretty standard IPS response times - not a bad thing just average)
    😐️ 8-bit color + FRC (8 bit is good but the monitor "supports HDR 10" and you really need 10 bit for that…)
    😍 100% SRGB
    😍 98% DCI-P3
    💵 500 USD

overall very nice! But the company is kind of scummy and it's possible you never receive your order… Also don't worry if your computer can't game in 4K, remember, you can integer scale to 1080p PERFECTLY from 4K so you basically have 2 monitors in one!

• Neuromancer23
    Neuromancer23 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I'm in the same boat - decided to replace my 2x24" monitors with a single 38" for work and gaming.
    Turns out there are no 38" 3860x1600 monitors with adequate HDR and there pro
    OLEDs are glossy but are suck for working 8h a day looking at spreadsheets.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm aware of the model but hard to get in EU.

Eventually, I decided to settle on a 34" VA with dimming and good full fill brightness as a compromise, since I am already used to the VA drawbacks due to using a QN90A for gaming for the past 2-3 years, but now I want to move back to my desk for everything.

The Predator X34 V3 has everything I am looking for except being matte which introduces color shifting, kills sharpness and makes it HARDER to see in a room with lots of sunlight - especially annoying for work.

Please, if there is an actual acer rep that can help with my question, I would really appreciate it. Or someone who works at the fab, I would pay extra to get a glossy one.