Problems with Acer Aspire TC-780 and M.2 SSD. SSD is not shown anywhere

Options
thibeault710
thibeault710 Member Posts: 2 New User

hello everyone. first time poster.
i could not for the life of me, find someone experiencing the same issue as me so i decided to make a forum post here.

i have an acer aspire tc-780 with an i5 7400 CPU, a 1050ti GPU, and 12GB of DDR4 Ram. The PC only came with a cheap 64GB SSD and i have no space to play or download any single game. seeing this board has a m.2 slot, i ordered a Fanxiang NVME SSD M.2 and while its installed, on bootup i catch a blue light really fast on the SSD itself, the SSD is warm to touch so power is going through but it will not show up anywhere. not on partitions, bios, or even if im about to reinstall windows its just not there. the drive itself is 256gb and is not high end, i assume it should have worked without any issues but, here we are. lol.. i cant find any (enable m.2) settings , there arent any drives for said m.2 nvme as its always been plug , allocate and play with these drives for me ( ive had many of the same drive)

is there anything i can do?

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited March 7 Answer ✓
    Options

The best way to upgrade any M.2 SSD drive or ram is to match the existing M.2 drive or ram modules in your desktop and upgrade that way. Acer lists the below drives for the Aspire TC-780 desktop which is a SATA M.2, these drives capacities are only governed in windows operating system by the format that you use for the OS, if you use the MBR/Legacy format this format max capacity is to 2TB drive, if you use the UEFI GUID (GPT) format, then the max capacity is 8 petabytes (which you will never reach). Use the SATA type M.2 SSD drives.

Acer M.2 SSD list for the TC-780 desktop:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers