AN517-52-78NA Acer Nitro 5 Suddenly turned off for no reason.

Options
xzenovia
xzenovia Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 7 in Nitro Gaming

I was using my Acer Nitro 5 laptop yesterday and it suddenly turned off for no reason. I was not given warning signs that it had any issues, my gameplay was still normal the temperature was fine there was no overheating and it still turned off for whatever reason. I've tried charging the laptop and it shows no indication that it's charging, I cannot turn the laptop back on anymore even when holding the power button for 1min plugged and unplugged. I've tried removing the laptop battery and installing it back on the same with the other components but it still has not turned on, is there any way I can fix this?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,437 Trailblazer
    Options

Power drain + CMOS reset: Open the back of the laptop and disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard. Locate the CMOS module (with 2 twisted wires Red and Black under the battery) and remove the coin battery. Shorten the +/- contacts inside the CMOS capsule for 2 seconds with a bended wire and put the coin battery back with the + sign facing up, close the CMOS capsule. Unseat and secure again firmly the RAM modules. Next, press the Power Button on the keyboard for 10-15 seconds after that reconnect the battery cable to the motherboard. Close the laptop, plug-in the adapter and try to boot.