Supporting the Assistive Technology Community for Chromebook Spin 714.

Options
SpunkyAT
SpunkyAT Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 7 in Chromebooks

Hello, I work with people with physical disabilities who require a keyguard to be able to access the keyboard on the Chromebook Spin 714. Some keyguard vendors require us to ship our Chromebook to them so they can take all the specific measurements they need before creating the keyguard. To save time and shipping costs, it would be helpful if I could provide the specs directly from Acer. Unfortunately, I have been unsuccessful in obtaining the keyboard specs from your website and support team. For faster results, would you please consider making these specs accessible for consumers, for all your Chromebooks? There are a number of measurements to consider in the design of a keyguard, so I have attached a link with the specifications we require: https://volksswitch.org/index.php/volks-devices/keyguards-for-chromebooks/ I look forward to hearing from you.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options

Those keyguard dimensions are not provided by Acer on any of their service guides, you need to personally measure those distances for the Chromebook models that you use, that is why Acer doesn’t know and can’t give you these measurements unless you specify the exact model and someone measures those measurements for you personally at Acer, but if you require an older Chromebook model, then Ace might not have stock of that model. Its very hard to give you thise dimensions, as you would be much better off taking those dimensions for the keyguard yourself for the Chromebook models that you have.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Wick-Acer
    Wick-Acer Moderator Posts: 9 Moderator
    Options

Hello @SpunkyAT

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll make sure it is passed along to the Community Administrator.
    Just to clarify, the Acer forum discussions were designed as a peer-to-peer support community where Acer
    users help other Acer users.
    Although this community is not a direct portal to Customer Service, many Acer employees read the
    various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members
    when appropriate.
    But primarily we want the Acer Community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice
    and ideas.

Thank you,
    [Acer Wick]
    Community Moderator