My Acer Nitro 5 An517-55 keeps buzzing and crashing

Options
gigiramishvili
gigiramishvili Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

so i have this laptop for almost a year. whenever i start playing games that dont even require high specifications, it randomly freezes and buzzes in about 2 minutes into game. before, i had to force turn it off otherwise it wouldnt stop, but now the laptop just restarts itself. i have 12500H and rtx 3050. anything that would help?

Best Answer

• puli
    puli Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, 60 degrees at 20% usage is terrible. I’m 99% sure your fan is broken now. You can try to replace the fan yourself or see if Acer will do it (if your laptop is still under warranty).

Answers

• puli
    Options

I'm sorry that is happening. Can you try playing the game in windowed mode with windows task manager open? go to the GPU section of task manager and it should show the temperature of your GPU.

It sounds like your fan is broken. If the GPU gets hot the broken fan will not be able to cool it and the computer will shut down to keep from damaging itself.

• gigiramishvili

Tinkerer

edited March 6
    Options

i just tried it. it was showing that it used 20% of my geforce gpu and 60° celsius during playing for like 3 minutes before it did the same thing again. is it bad?

• puli
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, 60 degrees at 20% usage is terrible. I’m 99% sure your fan is broken now. You can try to replace the fan yourself or see if Acer will do it (if your laptop is still under warranty).

• gigiramishvili

Tinkerer

Options

thanks alot. i dont think its still under warranty, so if i bring it to some technician they would be able to fix or replace it right?

• puli
    edited March 6
    Options

I’m not sure what laptop you have, so I can’t say for sure, but most fans in laptops are easily replaceable. You should be able to take it to a technician and have it fixed if they can find the correct replacement part.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Options

The Nitro AN517-55 is a fairly new laptop (released January 2022) and came with the i9-12900H / i7-12700H / i7-12650H / i5-12500H or the i5-12450H cpu's and was fitted with either the RTX3050/RTX3060 or the RTX3060 or 3070 Max-Q type gpu's and DDR4 ram or DDR5 ram, I don't know which spec AN517-55 you have, but all the AN517-55 laptops are exceptional specified gaming laptops and there is no reason why touy should be getting the problems that you are getting.

But in saying all the above, you need to set these laptops up correctly with windows updates, latest NVidia drivers and play games through the NVidia GeForce Experience settings and also use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant for all the Intel driver updates, as this works and also update its bios and gpu firmware that this laptop has and for gaming and editing, I suggest that you operate this laptop with 32GB ram fif you do allot of gaming also, as that is the ideal capcity.

I've been using a Nitro AN515-56 i7-11370H/RTX3050/32GB DDR4-3200Mhz CL 22 and with a Samsung 970 Plus PCIe3x4 M.2 SSD drive for gaming for over 2 years and I've never had any problems like you have, as I've done all that I've mentioned above and kept this laptop up to date. Your Nitro AN517-55 is not setup properly and that is why you are getting those issues or at worse, you have a hardware fault that needs a technician to diagnose, as the Nitro laptops do burn out their gpu's through a mosat circuitry failure and a short, which is very common and then you can only use the Nitro laptop with the integrated cpu graphics, but that is not the case on your laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• gigiramishvili

Tinkerer

edited March 6
    Options

when i bought it, it came with 32gb ram itself. I've uninstalled and reinstalled windows plenty of times and downloaded all the drivers too, even updated bios. I've checked out all the articles that there are about laptops crashing but none of it worked so now I assume that it has to have a physical damage like a cooler fan problem as the guy above mentioned, or a hardware problem. i really dont know, i guess ill bring it to technicians and get them to diagnose it. and thanks for the advice!

• gigiramishvili

Tinkerer

Options

i just tried it. it was showing that it used 20% of my geforce gpu and 60° celsius during playing for like 3 minutes before it did the same thing again. is it bad?