Aspire C27-1700-UA91 buying an all-in-one, how many screens can I attach?

Options
bigjimboston
bigjimboston Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 6 in All-In-One PCs

Hi folks, hope someone can help. Looking to buy acer Aspire C27-1700-UA91 AIO Desktop | 27" Full HD IPS Display | 12th Gen Intel Core i5-1235U 16GB DDR4 | 512GB & CB272 Ebmiprx 27" FHD 1920 x 1080 Zero Frame Home Office Monitor with an extra monitor from Amazon.

Can I attach another monitor (to have three in total, including the all-in-one)? It says it only has one HDMI port for the second monitor — can I find a way to get a third monitor hooked up?

Sorry I'm such a luddite, and much appreciate your help.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,093 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

@bigjimboston

You can attach monitor to hdmi, dvi, vga port. You can also purchase the hub, splitter.

We are glad that you are showing up your interest in purchasing a brand new computer. 

Please visit the website – support.acer.com – chose your country – click on shop.   It will show you all the latest and new computers.    You can see all the models from low end to high end configurations.   You can look at all the models one by one.   Please chose the best one which suits your budget and needs.   You can also buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. 

Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   If you need more details you can call and check with them.

Kindly go through the details from links given below

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/set-up-a-triple-monitor-on-windows-7-8-and-10-step-by-step/

https://www.lifewire.com/connect-3-monitors-to-a-computer-5179982

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,093 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

@bigjimboston

You can attach monitor to hdmi, dvi, vga port. You can also purchase the hub, splitter.

We are glad that you are showing up your interest in purchasing a brand new computer. 

Please visit the website – support.acer.com – chose your country – click on shop.   It will show you all the latest and new computers.    You can see all the models from low end to high end configurations.   You can look at all the models one by one.   Please chose the best one which suits your budget and needs.   You can also buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. 

Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   If you need more details you can call and check with them.

Kindly go through the details from links given below

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/set-up-a-triple-monitor-on-windows-7-8-and-10-step-by-step/

https://www.lifewire.com/connect-3-monitors-to-a-computer-5179982

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Best is to use an external docking station to convert one of your USB 3.0 ports to give video signals. That won't be suitable for gaming, but will work for everything else. You don't want an HDMI splitter, that will just give you two screens with the same display.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited March 10
    Options

The Acer C27-1700 AIO PC has a HDMI 1.4a port (Maximum Resolution 4096 × 2160 @ 24Hz) and has a USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C port that has a Speed: of 20 Gbps and does not have image out capabilities. If you use a HDMI Hub for 2x monitors, it will give you an exact copy of the image on your AIO PC and not a continual image.

The C27-1700 model (see caption below) does not have a Thunderbolt port so that you can attach a hub and have either 2x or 3x monitors with a continual image projected onto these monitors, so be aware of this fact. God luck and hope this helps you out.

AIO Acer C27-1700 back ports

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Any dock that provides video on either of your three USB-A ports (#1 & #2 in above image) will work to allow you to have more monitors. The monitor specs supported will be determined by the dock you choose. There are also USB-C docks that can do the same thing, but they are often not well enough described to verify they will work without DP Alt Mode, so sticking with one of the others is easiest. I'm running two extra monitors and a VR headset off my system using a dock.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.