How do I make my keyboard light-up again?

Options
TimmyLee
TimmyLee Member Posts: 121 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited March 7 in Predator Laptops

Today I booted up as normal and no lights on the keybaord. Where do I start? I fiddled around with the settings in Predator Sense a little and tried some of the keyboard function keys and nothing.

Answers

• puli
    puli Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

Hello. That sounds annoying, I love my RGB keyboard I'm sorry yours is not working. It seems like someone else has had this issue before and solved it in this forum. They said windows is killing the predator sense software in the background. Here is there solution and a link to it so you can try it:

Install the program normally as you did before (I would suggest to run a
    clean uninstal with a 3rd party software like Revo Uninstaller too).
    Then update it normally through the Microsoft store (won't affect the
    issue/fix).
    Then, when the keyboard backlight goes off on Windows, go to Task
    Manager>Services. Find AcerLightingService and start it again. For
    some reason, windows keep killing this service.
    Your keyboard backlight should run like a charm :)

• TimmyLee
    TimmyLee Member Posts: 121 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

I worked on issues and suggestions I found everywhere of other people working on the same issues. Finally, after running Windows Compatibility troubleshooter on the SENSE software, it made a few unknown fixes to which I agreed to and it fixed everything in the PredatorSense app except the keyboard lights.. At least that's something. I've removed and reinstalled the software a half dozen times according to recommendations. Acer ignores us and acts like there is no issue, I've spoke with them several times and told them to Google PREDATOR SENSE PROBLEMS and check in the Acer Community Forums. The one agent said he would elevate the issue and was quite aware of the number of people facing issues with this software. I'm hoping my lighted keyboard is part of this issue and not a hardware issue as it worked great for the first couple of weeks…. probably until the first Windows update or two I think. Anyway, I've still got a little time to work on it before sending it back and wait for a hopeful much needed update to the Acer Software.