My acer laptop s key isn't working (pressing down)

Options
Fanatic443
Fanatic443 Member Posts: 2 New User

It works fine I open up the On-Screen-Keyboard and use it from there, however actually using it doesn't work.

If the key is genuinely broken, then how much will it be to fix it?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,634 Trailblazer
    Options

Turn off the laptop and clean dirt accumulated under the cap by twisting a very thin strip of strong paper or a split bamboo toothpick part, avoiding pushing the cap up too much as it may part. Tap the key continuously while wriggling the strip and blow out the dirt with a rubber bladder blower (PC cleaning tool). Don't use a vacuum cleaner, compressed air or any form of liquid. Repeat a few times and boot to see if the S key registers. If no success you have to replace the S key, possibly the keyboard. This is not expensive but should be done by Acer Services in your country, depending on your model, a non RGB gaming keyboard cost only $30 but some fancy RGB keyboards can run in $100s. add 50% labor on top of that.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 256
    Options

Please find below troubleshooting steps:-

https://www.isumsoft.com/windows-10/fix-acer-aspire-laptop-keyboard-not-working.html

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful