Brand new Acer Predator Helios Neo 16's (PHN16-71-77HU) screen randomly glitches & freezes!

Options
actualrock
actualrock Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 4 in Predator Laptops

Model: PHN16-71-77HU (I bought it from an acer affiliated store)
Specs: i7-13700HX CPU, RTX 4060 GPU, 32GB DDR5 4800MHZ RAM, 1TB SSD

I've attached an image of the screen freezing

Sometimes the screen randomly freezes and I don't know why (A glitching sound plays for a bit then the screen gets a glitching effect and everything freezes)
During this, the mouse and keyboard both don't work and the only way to get out is to shut the laptop down using the power button.

I don't think it's an overheating issue as when this happens the temps are 50-70 degrees.

What's happening?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• actualrock
    Options

Edit: It's been happening more and more often and now I can't even go 15 minutes without it freezing help please

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,284 Trailblazer
    Options

Boot to Safe Mode and see if the problem is also with Base Video, if no issues in Safe mode you have to uninstall the display driver with DDU in Safe mode. Just reboot and Windows will reinstall the GPU drivers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html

• actualrock
    Options

Ok, I'll try that if updating the BIOS does not work (I found it on a guide)

• actualrock
    Options

There weren't any issues in Safe mode, so I uninstalled the drivers and rebooted but now Windows is capped at 5 fps??

• actualrock
    Options

Alright, I installed new Intel drivers and the stuttering seems to have gone, but will there be any issues with the driver?
    Anyways, if the screen glitches go away I'll provide an update

• actualrock
    Options

Edit: The freezes and glitches are still happening..

• Muhil
    Muhil Member Posts: 461 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

dont use the drivers from intel if u dont want face any issues in the future use only the support page drivers

• actualrock
    Options

Ok
    installing a clean os didn't solve the issue

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,950 Trailblazer
    Options

This laptop is under the Acer 2 year warranty, send the laptop to Acer tech support in your country and get Acxer to fix the glitches & freezes of its screen, as this problem could be a faulty eDP cable or its plug, its screen or even a gpu issue, be aware that parts for this laptop are very expensive especially if its a gpu issue and the mainboard needs replacing. Don't open the laptop as it will void the Acer warranty, send your laptop to Acer Tech Support. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• actualrock
    edited March 4
    Options

Alright, I will do that if I can't solve the issue.

By the way, could the freezing issue be caused by nvidia drivers? if so, which driver should I install? (because the freezing didn't happen on the first 2 days of use)