Helios Neo 16 Predator Sense Not Working in PHN16-7173LT

Options
Nishchay_Mistry6396
Nishchay_Mistry6396 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 6 in Predator Laptops

I tried to reinstall Predator Sense several times on my Helios Neo 16 laptop but it is still not working. Please I want the solution.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options

Do you still have the original Acer factory OEM Win11 version installed, not the generic Microsoft Win11 version?

Jack E/NJ

• Nishchay_Mistry6396
    Options

yes it is new i have bought it recently in December

• JackE
    Options

If your full model number PHN16-72, uninstall the old PredatorSense. Then go to this link, download and install a fresh copy of the January PredatorSense update.

Jack E/NJ

• Nishchay_Mistry6396
    edited March 12
    Options

i have this spec

[Edited the post to hide sensitive data]

• Nishchay_Mistry6396
    Options

I am worried about this problem. it is not opening when I press the button, even though I have reinstalled it many times. In the process after installation I rebooted. Please help me!!

• JackE
    Options

Uninstall the old PredatorSense. Then go to this link and download and install the latest PredatorSense update for your PHN16-71 model.

Jack E/NJ

• TimmyLee
    TimmyLee Member Posts: 120 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

I've done that several times, it doesn't work. Actually things are worse now.

• JackE
    Options

> > have bought it recently in December> >

Has Predator Sense ever worked correctly since you bought it in December?

Jack E/NJ

• TimmyLee
    Options

Yes, seemed to be working fine until I booted up this morning and noticed no keyboard lights. Then I opened Predatorsense and no numbers, no readings, no options there.

• JackE
    Options

seemed to be working fine until I booted up this morning

When was the last time it was working fine?

Jack E/NJ

• TimmyLee
    edited March 5
    Options

Last night I think, I mean I usually remember noticing the keyboard lights flashing and doing their thing when I boot up but I don't recall. I boot it up every day and leave it on all day. I use an external keyboard because the laptop ones are the first thing to break, I just leave it alone.

• JackE
    Options

> >Last night I think,> >

Was it working fine immediately after installing the latest PredatorSense update for your PHN16-71 ( NOT -72) model at this link ?

Jack E/NJ

• TimmyLee
    Options

I don't know when and/or if it updated. If it did it automatically perhaps. I didn't notice any updates. But now there are two predatorsense installers and one will not uninstall because of all the uninstalling and reinstalliing. One version from 7/10/23 which will not uninstall and the one from 3/5/24 that will. I tried downloading and installing the older predatorsense file but it wouldn't install, nothing ever happened so I went back and installed the newer one. Acer Predator PHN16-7173LT

• JackE
    Options

> >I don't know when and/or if it updated. If it did it automatically perhaps.> >

NO!!!! It's not done automatically. You must manually update it yourself. Follow these step-by-step instructions.

(1) Click on this link to download the version 41635 zip file.

(2) Then double-click on the zip file to unzip it.

(3) Then double-click to expand the 41635 sub-folder in the unzipped main folder.

(4) Then double-click on the SETUP.exe file to install it.

Jack E/NJ

• TimmyLee
    Options

I've done all that about 5 times after uninstalling it. Tried it as Administrator, tried it in Safe Mode but couldn't complete. It installs smoothly, program will open with a few moving graphics but no data and it locks up easily.

• TimmyLee
    Options

I meant if it did an update automatically. It checks for updates but I didn't know if it did or not. I did find out that the latest computer update for windows was 2024-02 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034848) on the 29th. Pretty sure it was working well after that.

• JackE
    Options

> > 2024-02 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for
    x64-based Systems (KB5034848) on the 29th. Pretty sure it was working
    well after that.> >

Search Windows start menu 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' near top of menu. If Protection Setting is turned on, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an auto restore point with a date stamp between Feb29th and now?

Jack E/NJ

• TimmyLee
    Options

Yep, already tried that, didn't work either. I believe it was Feb 9.

• JackE
    Options

I'm asking what you see, NOT tried. Please post a screenshot of the restore point date stamps.

Jack E/NJ

• TimmyLee
    Options

Thanks for your help, but there was only one restore point with Jan 9th or whatever. I tried that, didn't work. I'm just sending it back, thanks for your effort.