How to swap the front fan? [Predator Orion PO3-650]

Options
nastyalmao
nastyalmao Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

How do I change the front (number 1) fan? Is there any tutorial on how to open the front part of the pc to access the fan? Will 92mm Noctua NFA9 fit?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Options

This is the step by step instructions for the PO3-650 desktops of how to Remove the Front Bezel and the Front Fan, its a very simple job. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Bootyfingers
    Bootyfingers Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options

I have just recently done this, and its not very difficult. Just use a screwdriver to pry the panel off, there is a hole on the bottom of the PC where the panel meets the actual chassis. There is no wiring to worry about when you pry the panel off. You will need a 4 pin fan cable extension to get to the front fan header, i used the 30cm ones from noctua, but i believe any should work. You will notice that i also swapped out the Acer 3050 for this PNY 4060Ti 16gb, its a million times quieter, Acers blower style 3050 is obscenely loud. Another thing that you will probably want to to do if your going to the trouble of replacing the front fan is to remove the HDD bay that blocks almost 2/3rds of the front fans air path. An easy way to do this is to use a power drill with a metal drillbit to blast thru the bottom half of the rivets that hold it in place. I think I remember there being 7 rivets, and 6 screws. It is not particularly difficult, and you only need to blast out half of the rivet, and they will pop out easy. Here it is.

Hope this helps you out man!